Based on Eastern Mediterranean University's mission:
“The Eastern Mediterranean University has set as a mission becoming a university acting in line with universal values, guided by internationally recognised academic educational criteria, providing solutions for regional and international problems with a sense of social responsibility, raising graduates who have internalized multiculturalism, free thought, tolerance and participation as well as carrying out work to make international improvements in the fields of production, science, arts and sports.",
the Institutional Development and International Academic Affairs Office's mission is:
- to enhance and showcase EMU's academic excellence through world widely accepted reputable academic rankings, signatories and memberships, and
- to enhance and internalize multiculturalism by creating opportunities for students and faculty via establishing partnerships with academic institutions all over the world.
Based on Eastern Mediterranean University's vision:
“The vision of Eastern Mediterranean University is to provide high quality education based on scientific production, and to become a leading and the most preferred university by students and academic staff within its unique geographical location which joins three continents",
the Institutional Development and International Academic Affairs Office's vision is to contribute to becoming a leading and most preferred university by students and academic staff by:
- striving to be part of reputable academic rankings renowned worldwide,
- aiding in the enhancement of these rankings by providing feedback on areas to be developed to units with the university, and
- establishing, developing and sustaining partnerships with prestigious universities and with academic institutions in each country worldwide.